Monday, May 17, 2010

the V & A

I went to the Victoria and Albert Museum today, and since art is pretty, and important to the survival of your soul, (and I'm avoiding homework) I will show you all the amazing things we saw.

This is a brass fruit bowl, shaped like a leaf. Amazing, right?

This is the kind of punch bowl used at parties given by kings or rock stars. But don't be fooled. They still fill it more than half full of ice.

That's right. Gunpowder tea. I was confused and asked Jana. She said it was because "It has a real kick." Pah.

This was the view staring up. A hanging art piece of steam-rolled brass instruments. I liked it.

The gauntlet attacked. Instead of saving me Jana took a picture. Now I type only using my left hand. The right keeps trying to be chivalrous.

A man's jerkin. The old kind, made by hand. Let's get a close up.
That's right folks. And all for a white undershirt.

Here's another close up. And of what?

Oh, this hamburger dress. 6 ft wide, 1 ft deep. Dude.

I took a picture of this statue because she and I share a body shape.
Don't ya think?
Oh, that's me showing off my poorly tied cravat.

This would be a comb carved out of ivory. I feel like it would just have to touch your head and your hair would suddenly wind and fold itself into some intense oriental up-do.

An intricate ladle.
A spoon. A wooden spoon for soup. Look at that thing! It looks like one of those delicate cookies that crumble the moment you touch it.

This is the kind of knife/dagger that Aladdin came from. The sheath and handle were absolutely covered in ornate shiny gemstones. Yes I'm going to kill you, but in style.
This was a pretty piece simply over the information desk. Like a giant lightbulb to all their understanding.

3 comments:

  1. you are making me die.

    but it looks like you are having a blast...

    KEEP POSTING PICTURES SO I CAN LIVE VICARIOUSLY.

    Okay, that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, the V & A. I love that knife. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eff, I need that brass leaf bowl...and the hamburger dress. haha, you and that statue are ONE AND THE SAME. i like it. that looks like so much fun, i'm jealous, yo!

    ReplyDelete