Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tower of London

Tower of London, Baby! That's right. It's exciting (in that awkward need-to-pee kind of way that my face seems to be expressing. Also, the good food I eat non stop would explain the chubby expressing the need-to-pee).
The ravens were HUGE. This picture does not do them justice at all, but they were frighteningly large. It doesn't help there's a sign near by saying that they bite.

Me and a ready-made friend I found. He was nice, but rather bland.

This was King Henry VIII. Do you spot something awkward? Yeah... Well, he was Henry VIII.

The biggest and the littlest suits of armor they have. The big one was for a man who was 6'8".

In many of the buildings there are wall carvings from the prisoners kept there. Crazy! Some of them had quite some time.
Some people who were in there on account of witchcraft would carve these astrological diagrams and such. I don't know about you, but such things I doubt were beneficial in proving their innocence.

Chopping block. For heads.

So many tight spiral stair cases. I thought I was done after Paris, but oh no! It was the only staircase known to man until the 1600's.
Notice the size of my foot and the size of the stair. Either these people were really small or the contractors/commissioners were chincy cheap skates.

This is the coat of arms of my ancestors. That's right. Awesome. Never mind that they were involved in malicious plots to murder the throne's direct heirs. It's awesome.

Pretty guns. Two of them.
And look! This is an experimental gun from like 1450. It didn't really work, but just look at the design.

A very large and long lance.

And all the gruesome gore ends in a pretty and serene chapel. What?

1 comment:

  1. can i just say.... my FAV is the henry armor. only YOU would pick up that hilaaaaarious detail. plus brianna i love you. and i love your semi short captions. cause they make your awesome pictures not only awesome but pee my pants funny

    ReplyDelete