Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More Italy

Voila, Italy. The gem of the Renaissance. I must be brief just cuz, ya know, I'm in Italy. That doesn't afford much time.

Here is a lovely overview of Rome. Who knew? The city can be very wind-y and at times dirty, or distincly submerged in the smell of urine. But this is beautiful! Nik and I have pretty much spent the last two days walking, non stop, up hill, stairs, or running. It is very hot, and pretty sure I'm constantly covered in a layer of dripping sweat. No worries. That just means I fit right in.


How is this for an Italian? He was our tour guide for the Colosseum, and that's right. His name was Paolo.

See?!! This is the kind of interiors all of Rome works with. You see something less than this and you just shrug like it's a sweater 2 years out of fashion.

This Piazza of statues just shows how frequent great art is in this country. Every corner you turn and every building you see is something huge, important, and artistically significant. We stood on one corner and every direction you turned there was something amazing. It's like sensory overload all the time. It doesn't help that our hotel is on the corner of a very busy street, so we never get any rest for our senses. I feel a little strung out. But it's ok. I will press on.


And how's this for fun?! I just loved it, and thought you should too. More later. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment