Friday, March 27, 2009

Me the Idiot

Sometimes I accidentally behave like an idiot. Most of the time I try to hide the idiotic incident as soon as possible and throw a good sized rug over it, but this one I think I must share because it made me laugh.

So it all started when I thought a salad sounded nice for lunch. I washed the lettuce and got out some homemade dressing. But the dressing had congealed somewhat because our fridge is a little too chilly. I would have put it in the microwave but our microwaves is no longer emitting micro waves, just light. So instead, I put it on the stove. Yes, I put it on the stove, while it was still in its jar. I just wanted a quick warm up. But then there was this loud crack and congealed pear dressing began to flow out all over the burner, causing a great deal of smoke and funny smells.

Here is the cracked jar and what remains of the once-delicious now sauteed pear dressing.

Here is what grilled dressing looks like, my friends. That's right. What you are seeing is crunchy salad dressing. Mmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Much like the time I poured hot oil in a glass. Don't you just love that second of "oh... i'm an idiot"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree, my favorite part about this is that I can totally see the wheels turning in your head...

    ReplyDelete