Monday, August 12, 2013

Pictures!

Here are the promised pictures of my travels. 

 This is my bedroom. Une chambre tres pleasante. The bed has wooden slats holding up the mattress and I totally broke it twice by sitting down to vigorously. It took me a minute to get the slats back into place. 

 This is the living room. 

 The kitchen. 

 The other wall of the living room. I love all the pictures around the house. My host mom has a great artistic eye. 

 Here is the terrace, aka the oven of death. It looks pleasant, but use caution when in direct light. You may not live to see another day. 

 I bought this box of cookies because they looked like bacon. 

Outside my hotel the first night. 

For class we took a tour around the historic town center. There are some cool buildings and hidden churches. Lots more to see for sure. I'm really excited to get to know this town. Plus I made a friend today! 

Interesting discoveries: 
  • Lots of stores are closed on Mondays, because Sunday just wasn't enough. 
  • Nail polish is ridiculously expensive, like 12,50 euros, which is like $17 for a bottle of OPI. 
  • My room was so hot my chocolate bar was literally liquid when I went to eat it. 


2 comments:

  1. Sooo gorgeous! Thank you for posting these pictures. :-) Sorry about the AC bit. I promise you'll adjust. (-Jen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is adorable! I want to see the outside. Also, the windows in your bedroom are so dreamy. I am jealous of your windows. And that little fireplace! eep. (not that you'll ever need it)

    ReplyDelete