Monday, July 13, 2009

Sleep Walker

The other night my brother was doing his habitual sleep-walking routine, only this time he woke up flat faced on the floor with a black eye and a nearly broken nose. No one is quite sure what happened, but my mom heard him moving furniture of some sort or other. 

This brother is fun to have around, and most of it has to do with these sleep-walking stories. Once we camped down in Hava Supai, and he woke up in the middle of the night. It was pitch black and he had no idea where he was. I woke up too, and thinking the noise was a squirrel or unsavory rodent, I turned on my flashlight. Because of this, Nik did not fall into the river or wander into a neighbor's tent. 

On another trip Nik woke up with his arms outstretched and hands open. On the floor was a broken lamp. We had to pay for the lamp as we didn't know Spanish for "Sleep-walking" 

That same trip he frightened some poor man almost to death. We were staying in a hostel and Nik slept on the bottom bunk, and some unlucky stranger slept on the top. In the middle of the night Nik, in all his football-bulking height, starting screaming at the man telling him to STOP IT. The man kept shouting "What?!!! WHAT?!!!" Nik woke up as he left the room and, semi-confused, went back to bed. The man's bunk was completely cleared by the time Nik woke up. 

These are just a few delights. If I were to add the rest of the family, this would be a very long entry. I myself do not roam the halls while dreaming, but nearly all my siblings, aunts, uncles, and mother do. Perhaps some other post....

No comments:

Post a Comment