Thursday, July 9, 2009

Aunt in the Bed

The other day I came home very very late from a friend's house. We were finishing the second season of Lost, so naturally we didn't finish til 2:30 in the morning. I came home and walked through the dark house down to my basement bedroom, which is in the very corner of the house, and very much out of the way. I turned on the light and saw a body in the bed. 

I froze and for the splitty-est of seconds I thought it was myself and I was having some very trippy deja-vu experience where I was actually living in the deja-vu part. But then the body moved and sat up. 

It was my aunt, all the way from Connecticut! I totally forgot she was coming into town, and had no idea she'd be using my bed. but there she was, 2:30 in the morning asleep with my stuffed-animal Stitch next to her head. I gave my hasty apologies and turned off the light and shut the door. But the house was still all dark. Now what? I thought. 

1 comment: