Monday, June 29, 2009

Lost Summer

So... my life gets incredibly dull during the summer, which is an incredibly depressing fact. Summer is supposed to be when your life gets excited and you get out and do stuff. But no. 

Today I watched 4 episodes of Lost, finished a novel, perused the internet, and laid on my floor. After it was all said and done I gave the day a nod of satisfaction, as if it resembled productivity in some way. I think the satisfaction came from stopping myself at 4 episodes of Lost, as it easily could have been more. Instead I finished The Road and bawled my eyes out. So, I guess the day has been productive in its emotionality. 

But really?!! Is this to be my summer? My window of freedom? Am I just going to lay on floors and watch/read other people dealing with heightened drama? Quite possibly. Only tomorrow I think I'll change venues and go to a friend's house.  

2 comments:

  1. i wouldn't feel too badly. i also suffer from lazy-summer syndrome. if i don't have to work in the morning, i usually end up going back to bed after breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sascha and I were talking about this. It's the time when things tend to get depressing for everyone because we all have such high expectations for ourselves. We decided the best way to come out of the icky feeling is to make yourself accomplish something you wouldn't ordinarily try to accomplish. Like something insane for me to try would be writing a song... so next time I feel that gross feeling I'll start making plans for the song I will write. I think it works. Try it!

    ReplyDelete