Friday, April 17, 2009



Is this not perhaps the worst movie poster of all time? I mean really?! Drew looks like a strange plaster doll covering a head of burnt hair. And most people do not see a grandma on a poster and go "This looks like a happening movie, I should go see it." 
I guess my big problem is that I know they could have done better, especially because both women are young in the beginning, and don't look so awkwardly aged. The movie poster is an advertisement, meant to make the product look interesting and worth the eight bucks to see it, but the above picture just looks like a grocery store coming-of-age novel, where the heroines don't get it together until they're way past their prime. 

I mean they could have chosen this picture for crying out loud. I don't know how the real movie poster made it past a test audience unless the audience was a group of small furry mammals.  
Doesn't this picture sell you far more then the previous one? For starters, it's easier on the eyes, and the leads are fashionably attired, with the look of adventure on their faces, not the condescending matronly look of the old people on top. 
Really--the whole group of poster-makers must have been hermiting in a cave of used clothing and hijabs (which are cool headscarves made totally uncool by this poster), testing their graphics out on an audience of rats. Are we not disgusted?

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! I was totally thinking the same things when I first saw that. "True glamour never fades" eh? Welp...sorry, but it looks like it did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you also must take into consideration that this is a true story, and they are supposed to look crazy and matronly. That's the point of the original documentary. However, putting that in technicolor with cheesy amateur photographs was a bit ridiculous... I like the 2nd picture much more.

    ReplyDelete