Monday, March 22, 2010

Hybridization in Unexpected Places

Today I went to Smith's (why? you may ask--the answer is because I happen to enjoy/need food, unlike some people out there {I don't actually know whom I mean by that comment}) As I got out of my car I heard a cat meowing. I thought it odd, I was after all in a large square of asphalt covered with metal boxes sitting on rubber (occasionally known as a "parking lot") I looked around. Then I heard meowing again--from above me (which is odd, in case you didn't know cats are land mammals). So I looked up and saw a large white bird (a "seagull"). The bird opened its mouth and meowed. I'm not kidding! It MEOWED, and absolutely made my day.
Meowing seagulls. I know hybridization is really in just now, to make all sorts of funky fruits (such as the peach-alope, mango-berry, banapple, and who knows what else) But I was simply not expecting it in the local wildlife. Pah.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. That is too great. :-) And I really want a mangoberry. Mmmm that sounds divine.

    ReplyDelete