Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Things I Made

Here is Cole's birthday. The cake I made is on fire in this picture, but don't worry--that's supposed to happen. 


Since Cole is a fan of Star Wars I made him a cake in similitude of a Wookie. I know it looks like a hairy tombstone, but it's 100% homemade, so you are impressed. 


And in a magazine I found a recipe for flour-less chocolate cookies. Naturally I was curious, so I three timesed the recipe. There was no flour, no butter, but a LOT of sugar, some cocoa and a few egg whites, plus chocolate chunks. It ended up tasting somewhat meringue-ish. Very rich, but friendly to celiac people. 
 
A remake? Quite possibly. But the dough goes a lot farther than I was expecting, so it'll be a while before I finish it off. 







No comments:

Post a Comment