Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Oh-So-Fabulous Gift to My Mother

This mother's day I tried to get my mom something she could use, and since she is quite a chef, I thought something that went in the kitchen would be a good idea. I found this: 

That is correct, ladies and gentlemen. That is a ladle. I repeat: a LADLE. Let us please notice that it takes two hands to hold, could easily ladle up my head, greasy hair and all. 

It also works double for a helmet, if any emergency should arise. They didn't include this on the box, but they should have. "In case of emergency remove ladle from drawer or wall and place over head. Seek safety." 

Some may think this is an odd, exuberant, or excessively useless gift, but I saw it and immediately said, "YES" My dad also thought it was a great success, and if nothing else it would make a very original planter. 

4 comments:

  1. I love it! It's times like this where I really wish I could be you for a while. I want to know how your hilarious brain works!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need a ladle like this in our apartment. There are so many uses I can think of for it. Snack reach-er, bowl on a stick, helmet (of course!), umbrella, satellite dish, walking stick, weapon to keep crazy-inducing men away, bomb shelter and device to cook molten chocolate cakes (binge night?)... It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brianna, you need to write a children's book about your adventures with your ladle! I'd read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think, if for nothing else, the safety uses alone justify this purchase.

    ReplyDelete